The Model A Touring club is pleased to announce the Route 66 Tour scheduled for this fall. The dates are September 26 – October 17, 2020. The tour will begin in Chicago and end in Santa Monica. The fabulous and iconic Route 66 will be the perfect backdrop for our Model A Fords as we travel the path through 8 US states.
Use the links below to print the registration form. This tour is open to Model A Touring Club (MATC) members only. If you are not a member and are interested in joining, see our Membership page for information about how to join.
Proposed MATC Route 66 Tour
September 26 – October 17, 2020
- Day 1: (Sat., Sep. 26) Welcome meet & greet at Chicago Hotel.
- Day 2: (Sun., Sep. 27) Leave Grant Park, Chicago at 9 AM. Arrive Pontiac, Illinois. There are at least three Rte. 66 museums along the way. Group dinner. 106 miles.
- Day 3: (Mon., Sep. 28) Finish museums in Pontiac. Leave Pontiac, Illinois, arrive Springfield, Illinois. 106 miles.
- Day 4: (Tues., Sep. 29) Springfield, Illinois to St. Louis. Missouri. We will have a permit to cross the Old Chain of Rocks Bridge. 97 miles.
- Day 5: (Wed., Sep. 30) Remain in St. Louis, Missouri. 0 miles. River cruise.
- Day 6: (Thurs., Oct. 1) St. Louis to Lebanon, Missouri. 168 miles.
- Day 7: (Fri., Oct. 2) Lebanon, Missouri to Carthage, MO. 110 miles.
- Day 8: (Sat., Oct. 3) Carthage, Missouri to Stroud, Oklahoma. Tour Route 66 Interpretive Center. 177 miles.
- Day 9: (Sun., Oct. 4) Stroud, Oklahoma to Elk City, OK. 170 miles.
- Day 10: (Mon., Oct. 5) Elk City, OK to Amarillo, Texas. 148 miles.
- Day 11: (Tues., Oct. 6) Amarillo, Texas to Tucumcari, New Mexico. Visit the most preserved town from the Route 66 era. 115 miles.
- Day 12: (Wed., Oct. 7) Remain in Tucumcari, New Mexico. 0 miles.
- Day 13: (Thurs., Oct. 8) Tucumcari, New Mexico to Santa Fe, New Mexico, via the Santa Fe Loop. 178 miles.
- Day 14: (Fri., Oct. 9) Remain in Santa Fe, New Mexico. 0 miles.
- Day 15: (Sat., Oct. 10) Santa Fe, NM to Gallup, NM, via the Santa Fe Loop. 199 miles.
- Day 16: (Sun., Oct. 11) Gallop, New Mexico to Winslow, AZ. Visit the Painted Desert and Petrified Forest. 128 miles.
- Day 17: (Mon., Oct. 12) Winslow, Arizona to Williams, Arizona. Group Dinner. 90 miles.
- Day 18: (Tues., Oct. 13) Take train to the Grand Canyon. 0 miles Group breakfast. Train to Grand Canyon, tour of South Rim.
- Day 19: (Wed., Oct. 14) Return train to Williams, AZ via train. 0 miles.
- Day 20: (Thurs., Oct. 15) Williams, AZ to Laughlin, Nevada. 146 miles.
- Day 21: (Fri., Oct. 16) Laughlin, Nevada to the San Bernardino, California. This will be our longest day at 250 miles.
- Day 22: (Sat., Oct. 17) San Bernardino, California to the end of Route 66 at the Santa Monica, California, Pier. After the pier, we will have a private tour of the Automobile Driving Museum in El Segundo. Group dinner. 89 miles.
On Sunday, Oct. 18, participants will continue on their own individual
itinerary or return home.